The Quadro Bookshelf Rice Paper is particularly versatile. It is divided into 2 sections with sliding doors and 2 sections with drawers and shelves. With its clean and symmetric design it is perfectly suitable for any living ambience. The four multifunctional sections are also perfect to store kitchen utensils.
This product is no longer in stock
The Bookshelf Quadro with two sliding doors represents a modern interpretation of the minimalistic Japanese style. This model is made of natural, solid beech wood and is an environment friendly, elegant and long lasting piece of furniture.
It is equipped with a small pedestal with leveling feet for extra sturdiness. It is divided symmetrically with a central vertical panel and a horizontal shelf across the middle. It also has 4 additional height-adjustable shelves: two in the open section and one behind each sliding door. A fifth shelf is placed above the drawer module. For additional shelves look in the Accessories section. For design reasons, only the section with the sliding doors has a rear panel but, upon request, we can also furnish the open modules with rear panels. For customized orders ask for a price quote.
Width x Height: from 200 x 200 cm to 220 x 220 cm
Depth: from 30 to 50 cm
If you need other dimensions ask for a price quote
Exterior and shelves: solid 19 or 26 mm thick lamellar beech wood
Sliding doors: solid 19 mm thick lamellar beech wood
Drawers: birch plywood with beech fronts
Door type Shoji with Japanese style grid. The two drawers have two different sliding systems. The upper one has a metal sliding system Blum with soft-close dampers: The upper front panel protrudes a little above the overlying panel ensuring an easy handling. The lower drawer rests on a sliding system with pressure function: push slightly against the front panel and it opens. Both front panels are plain without handles.
We offer three different sliding systems for the Shoji doors:
1. the traditional Japanese wood-on-wood system with sliding doors on wooden rails;
2. sliding doors with integrated wheels which glide on wooden rails;
3. a modern sliding system on metal fixed to the base and doors on height-adjustable wheels.
In addition to the plain version without handles are also sliding doors with simple inserted handles or handles of the model Quadro with coloured panel available.
For more information about our sliding systems visit our Sliding systems for Japanese sliding doors page.
For the Shoji doors rice paper covering we offer different options:
1. Plasticized rice paper. This means that the rice paper is covered with a layer of plastic (PVC) on each side. This type of covering is semiwashable and can be cleaned with a damp cloth and water.
2. White fiber rice paper glued to a polycarbonate panel and then vitrified. For this type of covering the rice paper is first moistened and glued onto a 1mm thick supporting layer of transparent polycarbonate, then it is uniformly sprayed with a water-based vitrifying liquid for further protection. This technique increases the stability while still maintaining the natural, slightly creased consistency of the rice paper. With this type of treatment, the Shoji doors become perfectly resistant to shock and pressure, which can occur due to a frequent opening and closing of the wardrobe.
3. Plasticized rice paper reinforced with a polycarbonate panel. A transparent plastic panel will be put behind the rice paper, glueing is not necessary.
For more information about our rice papers and their treatments, visit the rice paper page.
If you prefer the Quadro Bookshelf with fabric door covering, take a look at the Quadro Bookshelf Fabric
If you wish, the doors can also be covered with whitened beech panels. Please ask for an estimate of cost if you are interested in this option.
The Quadro Bookshelf with Shoji sliding doors is available in natural untreated wood or with the panels and doors treated with a water-based ecologic finish in different colours. If you prefer a transparent finish choose the option oiled.
For more information about our wood finish treatments visit our finishings page.
You will need a crosshead screwdriver for the exterior and interior of the bookshelf body and a drill for the rear panel. If you are looking for a fitter in your city, you can use this form for contact.
When cleaning treated wood use a damp sponge without solvents or cleaning agents. Untreated wood may instead be vacuumed or dusted. The rice paper covering may be vacuumed.
In the Accessories section you will find additional shelves for your bookshelf.