The Variant Plus Bookshelf made of solid beech wood in minimalist, japanese style offers a great space saving solution with much storage space. It has one closed section with a sliding door and an open section with shelves. Characteristic for this design that fits well in any ambience, is the wooden insert that gives the Shoji door an elegant touch.
This product is no longer in stock
The Variant Plus Bookshelf with 1 Sliding Door represents a modern interpretation of the minimalistic Japanese style.
This bookshelf is made of natural, solid lamellar beech wood and has 15 height-adjustable shelves with plenty of space for all kinds of objects and utensils: 11 shelves are in the open part and 4 are behind the sliding door
The lower section of the bookshelf is 10 cm deeper than the rest of the frame and the base of the bookshelf is equipped with a small pedestal with leveling feet for added sturdiness.
If you prefer this bookshelf without the protruding lower section, check out our Variant Basic Bookshelf with 1 sliding door. In this model all shelves have the same depth.
The entire back of the bookshelf is covered by a rear panel.
For a custom number of shelves, ask for a price quote.
Width x height: from 200 x 200 cm to 250 x 250 cm
Depth: from 30 to 50 cm
Exterior and shelves: solid 19 or 26 mm thick lamellar beech wood
Sliding door: solid 19 mm thick lamellar beech wood
We offer three different sliding systems for the Shoji door:
1. the traditional Japanese wood-on-wood system with sliding door on wooden rails
2. sliding door with integrated wheels which glide on wooden rails
3. a modern sliding system on metal fixed to the base. The door will have height-adjustable wheels
For more information about our sliding systems visit our sliding systems for Japanese sliding doors page.
Regarding the door handles, you can choose between different solutions starting form the plain version without handles, you can also choose sliding doors with simple groove handles or Quadro model handles with a colored panel.
For the Shoji door rice paper covering we offer different options:
1. Plasticized rice paper. This means that the rice paper is covered with a layer of plastic (PVC) on each side. This type of covering is semi-washable and can be cleaned with a damp cloth and water.
2. White fiber rice paper glued to a polycarbonate panel and then vitrified. For this type of covering the rice paper is first moistened and glued onto a 1mm thick layer of transparent polycarbonate, then it is uniformly sprayed with a water-based vitrifying liquid for further protection. This technique increases the stability while maintaining the natural, slightly creased consistency of the rice paper. With this type of treatment, the Shoji doors become perfectly resistant to shock and pressure, which can occur due to a frequent opening and closing of the wardrobe.
3. Plasticized rice paper reinforced with a polycarbonate panel. A transparent plastic panel will be put behind the rice paper, glueing is not necessary. For more information about our rice papers and their treatments, visit the rice paper page.
If you wish, the door can also be covered with whitened beech panels or fabric. Please ask for an estimate of cost if you are interested in this option.
The Variant Plus Bookshelf 1 Sliding Door is available in natural untreated wood or wood treated with a water-based ecologic finish in different colors for the panels and the door. If you prefer a transparent finish choose the option „oiled“.
For more information about our finish treatments check out our wood finishings page.
You will need a crosshead screwdriver for the exterior and interior of the bookshelf body and a drill for the rear panel. If you wish to hire a fitter in your city, you can use this contact form
When cleaning treated wood use a damp sponge without solvents or cleaning agents. Untreated wood may instead be vacuumed or dusted. The rice paper covering may be vacuumed or wiped with a damp sponge.