The Shoji Sideboard with 2 Drawers and Rice Paper covered sliding doors stands out especially for its modern and functional design. This model elegantly combines the funcionality of sleek dresser with a japanese sliding door cabinet. You can create your individual model choosing from a variety of different dimensions, finishes and rice papers.
This product is no longer in stock
Complete your Japanese style bedroom with the Shoji Sideboard with 3 Drawers and Rice Paper Door Covering. It is made of solid natural beechwood; all wood surfaces are treated exclusively with waterbased finishes. The upper part has two drawers, the bottom part has two japanese sliding doors. The interior is equipped with one central divider and two height adjustable shelves. In the above options you can choose to add additional shelves.
The two drawers run on a Blum metal sliding system Blum with soft-close dampers. Thanks to two safety devices underneath each drawer they can also be taken out completely only when necessary.
Japanese style Shoji doors with rice paper covering and grid frame. The number of horizontal bars of the sliding doors depends on the height of the sideboard and can vary for stability and design reasons.
For the Shoji doors rice paper covering we offer different options:
1. Plasticized rice paper. This means that the rice paper is covered with a layer of plastic (PVC) on each side. This type of covering is semiwashable and can be cleaned with a damp cloth and water.
2. White fiber rice paper glued to a polycarbonate panel and then vitrified. For this type of covering the rice paper is first moistened and glued onto a 1mm thick supporting layer of transparent polycarbonate, then it is uniformly sprayed with a water-based vitrifying liquid for further protection. This technique increases the stability while mantaining natural, slightly creased consistency of the rice paper. With this type of treatment, the Shoji doors become perfectly resistent to shock and pressure, which can occur due to a frequent opening and closing of the wardrobe.
3. Plastified rice paper reinforced with a polycarbonate panel. A transparent plastic panel will be put behind the rice paper, glueing is not necessary.
For more information about our rice papers and their treatments, visit the japanese rice paper page.
If you prefer a fabric covering for the Shoji doors of your sideboard, take a look at the Shoji Sideboard 3 Drawer – Fabric doors
If you wish, the doors can also be covered with whitened beech panels. Please ask for a price quote if you are interested in this option.
We offer 3 different ways to open the doors:
1. Plain door without handle. An elegant solution where the clear lines of the doors are not interrupted.
2. Door with handle. In this case the upper part has integrated handles for easier opening and closing.
3. Handle with colored insert. This typical japanese style handle doesn't only make it easier to open and close the sliding doors but also adds a little color accent to the sideboard.
We offer 3 different sliding systems for the Shoji doors:
1. the traditional Japanese wood-on-wood system with sliding doors on wooden rails
2. sliding doors with integrated wheels which glide on wooden rails
3. a modern sliding system on metal fixed to the base of the wardrobe, and doors on height-adjustable wheels.
For more information about our sliding systems visit our Sliding systems for Japanese sliding doors page.
The Shoji Sideboard with 3 Drawers and Rice Paper Doors is available in natural untreated wood or with the wooden surfaces treated with a water-based ecologic finish in different colors. Choose the oil finish if you prefer a transparent finish.
For more information about our wood finish treatments visit our finishings page.
Width: from 190 to 210 cm
Height. from 80 to 120 cm. Up to a height of 105 cm the drawers are 20 cm high; with a height of 110 cm to 120 cm the drawers are 25 cm high.
Depth: 30 to 70 cm
Should you wish other dimensions, ask for a price quote.
The standard interior of the sideboards consists of one central divider and two shelves which are adjustable in height. If you want additional shelves you can add them in the above options.
For the assembly you will need a crosshead screwdriver for the exterior and interior of the sideboard body. You will also need a drill for the rear panel. If you are looking for a fitter in your city, you can use this form for contact.
When cleaning treated wood use a damp sponge without solvents or cleaning agents. Untreated wood may instead be vacuumed or dusted.
Clean the doors with a soft sponge moistened with water.
A nice accessory for the Shoji Sideboard with 3 Drawers and Rice Paper Doors is a wall mirror with a wooden frame which can be mounted horizontally or vertically. You will find it in accessories.