The Adjustable Slatted Bed Base Bio in multilayered beech wood is fastened at the corners with finger joints, which make it very stable. The ergonomic slats are also made in beech wood and slightly flexible. You can raise and recline the head and leg zone in 10 different positions to offer the maximum resting comfort whether you wish to sleep, watch TV or simply get out of bed with more ease.
This product is no longer in stock
The ergonomic Adjustable Slatted Bed Base Bio made entirely out of highly durable beech wood. The single row bed base is equipped with 14 flexible sprung slats in multilayered beech wood, the double row bed base has 28 sprung slats. These curved ergonomic slats ensure a healthy and relaxing sleep. The slats are fixed to the frame using special inserts that make it easy to change them if they get worn out over time. The feet of the bed base can also be easily removed.
The double bed is formed by two single bed bases that are fixed together with a specific set of screws. The central beam thus created is equipped with two extra feet to guarantee a perfect stability also at the centre of the bed base. Since the two slats rows are independent, you can regulate the rigidity in the lumbar zone differently for each side.
Main characteristics of the Adjustable Slatted Bed Base Bio:
1. The height of the head and leg zone can be manually adjusted in 10 different positions. If you want to read a book or watch television you can adjust the bed base to your individual preference. An adjustable bed base can also offer fantastic advantages to those with certain ailments and medical conditions such as arthritis, lower back pain, varicose veins, poor circulation and more.
Because the double bed base is composed of two single bases which are fixed together the degree of firmness can be adjusted individually for each side, according to your personal needs. Since the movement is not synchronised, we advise to combine this slatted bed base with two single mattresses instead of one double mattress.
2. The slats in the shoulder zone have central incisions which provide more flexibility and increased comfort. The single bed version has 2 slats with incisions and the double bed version has 4 slats with incisions.
3. The hardness of the slats in the lumbar region can be individually adjusted thanks to a set of double slats placed one on top of the other with sliding tension adjusters (4 in the single bed version, 8 in the double bed version) which increases the sleeping comfort depending also on the body weight. For a softer, more flexible support, you can move the adjusters towards the centre. For more firmness, move the adjusters away from the centre towards the outside.
Total width: 80 to 180 cm
Total length: 190-200 cm
Frame height and thickness: 60 x 30 mm
Slats width and thickness: 38 x 8 mm / when the bed base is 120 cm long, the size of the slats is 38 x 12 mm
Feet height: 30 to 50 cm
If you want different dimensions than those given on this page, we also offer customized solutions. Ask us for a price quote specifying the measurements you would like to have.
You can choose between two options for the feet depending on how you want to use the slatted bed base:
- without lateral feet: If you need a drop in slatted bed base that will be placed in a bed frame with lateral supports, you can order it without feet. Please note that the double base will still be equipped with 2 central feet to support it in the centre. If you want to put the double base in a bed frame that already has a central beam for support, the feet can easily be screwed off.
- with lateral feet: If you want a floor standing bed base, you can choose to complete it with lateral feet. With this option, the single Adjustable Slatted Bed Base Bio will be equipped with 4 feet while the double Adjustable Slatted Bed Base Bio will have 6 feet, 4 on the corners and 2 in the centre.