This wardrobe in Japanese style is made of solid, lamellar beechwood. The two Shoji sliding doors combine traditional Japanese minimalism with modern technology. With our wide range of sizes, wood finishes, rice papers and interior fittings you can design your own personalized wardrobe. For a customized wardrobe ask for a price quote.
This product is no longer in stock
The Shoji wardrobe with 3 sliding doors fully complies with Japanese minimalistic interior design. Made of natural solid wood this wardrobe is environment-friendly, long-lasting and elegant.
We offer five different sliding systems for the Shoji doors:
1. the traditional Japanese wood-on-wood system with sliding doors on wooden rails;
2. sliding doors with integrated wheels which glide on wooden rails;
3. a modern sliding system on metal fixed to the base of the wardrobe, and doors on height-adjustable wheels.
4. a modern sliding system on metal runners fixed at the top of the wardrobe if you desire hanging doors.
5. a modern sliding door system on metal runners with a soft closing system for gentle closing of the door. In this case therunners are fixed at the top of the wardrobe.
For more information about our sliding systems visit our Sliding systems for Japanese sliding doors page.
In addition to the plain version of the door, that is the design without a grip, you also find simple integrated handles or handles design Quattro with a colored panel in the options above.
For the Shoji doors rice paper covering we offer different options:
1. Plasticized rice paper. This means that the rice paper is covered with a layer of plastic (PVC) on each side. This type of covering is semiwashable and can be cleaned with a damp cloth and water.
2. White fiber rice paper glued to a polycarbonate panel and then vitrified. For this type of covering the rice paper is first moistened and glued onto a 1mm thick supporting layer of transparent polycarbonate, then it is uniformly sprayed with a water-based vitrifying liquid for further protection. This technique increases the stability while mantaining natural, slightly creased consistency of the rice paper. With this type of treatment, the Shoji doors become perfectly resistent to shock and pressure, which can occur due to a frequent opening and closing of the wardrobe.
3. Plastified rice paper reinforced with a polycarbonate panel. A transparent plastic panel will be put behind the rice paper, glueing is not necessary.
For more information about our rice papers and their treatments, visit the rice paper page.
If you prefer a fabric covering for the Shoji doors of your wardrobe, take a look at the Shoji wardrobe 300 cm with fabric sliding doors.
If you wish, the doors can also be covered with whitened beech panels. Please ask for an estimate of cost if you are interested in this option.
The Shoji wardrobe with sliding doors is available in natural untreated wood, in addition we also offer models with external panels and doors treated with water-based ecologic finish in different colors. Choose the oil finish if you prefer a transparent finish. Whatever finish you choose, we recommend to opt for an oil finish for the interior as it is lighter than the other colors and allows a better visibility inside the wardrobe. so that the interior of the wardrobe will be light and glossy.
For more information about our wood finish treatments visit our finishings page.
Wardrobe exterior: solid 19 or 26 mm thick lamellar beechwood
Wardrobe interior: solid 19 mm thick lamellar beechwood
Doors: solid 19 mm thick lamellar beechwood. The 26 mm thickness is only available for doors with an upper sliding system ( type 4 and 5)
Drawers:multilayered birch with beech fronts.
Width: variable between 300 and 315 cm
Height: variable; from 230 to 270 cm (in steps of 5 cm)
Depth: 60 cm
For more measures or depths, ask for a price quote.
Door type Shoji with Japanese style grid. In order to ensure the highest stability possible, the number of bars could possibly be increased by one or maximal two elements, if the wardrobe is higher than 250 cm and certain coverings like plastified rice paper without support are used.
The wardrobe has a small pedestal with leveling feet. The standard interior structure consists of a central divider, two adjustable shelves and two hanger rails. You can choose additonal shelves, drawers and modules in accessories at the bottom of this page. For customized orders ask for a price quote.
You will need a crosshead screwdriver to assemble the exterior and interior of the wardrobe body, a cordless screwdriver for the rear panel. If you prefer to hire a fitter near your city, you can use this form for contact.
When cleaning treated wood use a damp sponge, without solvents or cleaning agents. Untreated wood instead may be vacuumed or dusted. Textils may be vacuumed, rice paper coverings cleaned with a damp sponge.
In the accessories section you'll find different additional drawers, moduls, shelves and hanger rails to complete your wardrobe.